New Member Area New to Nissan Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Quick howdy ...then on to the good stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Default Quick howdy ...then on to the good stuff

Long story short:

I drive a VW. (Stop your booing, I actually like the car.) At any rate, five weeks after buying the dub, some jerk in a boat (oops, I mean Oldsmobile) turns right in front of me and my car is laid up for 4-6 weeks while the front end is rebuilt.

When he heard I was driving a Hyundai as a rental, my father-in-law stepped up and said, "Oh no you won't!"

Until my car is again operational, I'm driving a 1990 Nissan 300zx TT. The car's got 145k miles, but the engine runs smoothly. It's had an ECU upgrade, HKS Hiper exhaust and a couple of other goodies. I'll be piling on 100 miles a day for the next month or so ...gotta love my daily commute.

As long as he's being this nice to me, I figure I'll return the favor and fix a couple of minor issues on the car before I give it back. In the next month or so, I plan to replace the lower body pinstripe, get a bra/nose cover (the front of the car *looks* like it's been run for 145k miles) and replace the leather on the shift boot and e-brake handle. Like I said, nothing major ...just a token of my appreciation. (If anyone happens to know of any really good deals on these pieces, feel free to PM. I'm always on the look out for a bargain.)

Old 07-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Quick howdy ...then on to the good stuff

......a TT as a loaner.......you sure you want the VW back?