Nissan 300zx This coupe and convertible was very popular with performance car enthusiasts around the world, whether in the base model,or the high end Twin Turbo model.

Convertin

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Default Convertin

Ok guys, i'm kind of new to this,so be easy on me. So, for my 16th birthday i got the best present ever,I got a Nissan 300ZX, I was stoked. Like any youngster I was dreaming over a show car, but the thing about me is i started on it, My 300ZX is on its way, and you know what, It hit me today as i hit the accelerater and i had to what for my AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION to figure out what it is going to do, it hit me that I NEED MY Z TO BE A MANUEL, any of you guy out there ever tried to convert it from a Auto to a manuel trasnsmisson, and if possible could it be done by me and one of my older friends who is a mechanic, kind of. Any advice would be helpfull, or any input would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Convertin

Converting an auto. to a manual has a lot of work to it. it would be better to get the pro.s to do it for you, having to cut into the firewall, adding the cluth slave cylinder, running the lines, it's a fairly simple thing to do, well, at least to the right guy. but hey i would definatley do it, i have a 200sx that i'm planning on doing the same thing. luckily my 300zx is manual......other than that if you got the money you got it made.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Default RE: Convertin

Here's a good read up on that.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/262575/27