Nissan 350Z / Fairlady The Z stood for the top line and Japanese performance in the 70s and 80s, and it has been nicely rekindled with this newest entry into the Z family.

350Z Question about anti slip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Default 350Z Question about anti slip?

okay so clearly i am not a nissan guy, but my girlfriend's dad has an 05 and has some technical difficulty goin on. so i figured i would get on a forum and see if anyone could offer some help. here is the story.

okay so its a 2005 Nissan 350Z and he just got his rear tires replaced about 2 weeks ago. After he got the car back though he noticed that at speed (about 60 mph) the ABS light would come on and the engine power is signifcantly reduced (note that this is pretty much only happening on on/off ramps of the freeways. he has not noticed it around town). Once he noticed this, he immediately took the car to the dealership to have them take a look at the car. They drove it and analyzed for an entire day, only to tell him that they couldnt find anything wrong.

Now obviously there is some sort of a problem here. So i thought about the cars that i have owned and what this might mean in them. i have had two VW's and they both have had an anti slip that does this similar thing when it senses that the front wheels are slipping. however, his tires are not slipping on the freeway so the anti slip should not be kicking in. does anyone have any insight on what could be going on?

(note: im going to try to go drive the car tonight to get a little better idea of whats going on.)[/align]

Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 350Z Question about anti slip?

well it sounds like the abs sensors on one or more of the wheels is starting to go defective, but if they were bad they would throw the abs light on and store a abs code. if i were you have the dealership check for stored codes of any kind and go from there. and just bring it back to the dealer until they fix it cause obviously its an intermitten problem and have your girlfriends dad take the mechanic on a test drive and have him show them what it does and hopefully it will act up for him so they can diagnose it and fix it.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Default RE: 350Z Question about anti slip?

yeah, well im not sure if he is really feeling anything at all. i am going to drive the car later though to see if i can figure anything out. i just thought i would check a forum for him really quick to see if i could find anything out.