Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

07 Nissan Altima 2.5 car powers off while driving. Won’t start. Mimics badfuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 06:07 PM
Default 07 Nissan Altima 2.5 car powers off while driving. Won’t start. Mimics badfuel pump

My 07 Nissan Altima 2.5 has recently started to lose power while driving, leaving me stranded 3 times now. Each time I assumed it was my fuel pump. First two times I went to a junk yard and replaced it with a used fuel pump. This last time I have had it parked since, thinking two bad fuel pump me in a row even if there used is to much coincidence...? So I’ve been looking into possible fuel pump relay issue. My dad and his mechanic both say with confidence it’s the fuel pump. But after having it parked for two weeks and attempting to start it with success I just don’t think it’s the fuel pump. Before I parked it, it started but would die after a few moments. And I can get it to start again after some time passes. This time I started it. It ran and it never died. I even moved it. I didn’t let it run any longer then 7 min before I turned the car off myself. Any opinions?