Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

1994 Altima power window failure!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Default 1994 Altima power window failure!

I bought my 94 Altima used back in April with a problem that the previuos owner promised he would fix for me. unfortunately after months of him avoiding me it is still not fixed and now I am thinking of fixing it by myself. I have very limited knowledge of cars, but he said it is an easy replacement so I figured I would investigate. I do not know exactly what is wrong with the window, but I will give you all that I know and you might be able to piece together what the probable cause is.
The previous owner said that the problem could be fxed with a $10 item and it should take about 15 minutes to replace.
He said that the problem started when water got into the door mechanism.
When I first got the car, the window would neither go up or down. Since then I have gotten it to work twice, but after each time it would get stuck and would take a very long time, i.e. weeks, before I could get it to go back up. After the last time I did it which was in June, it has stayed down and refused to budge (which is why I need it fixed).
It is only the driver's side window; all other three windows function normally.

I was thinking it might be the motor shorted, but that is just a guess. I was hoping someone more knowledgable that I could figure out the problem from these symptoms and let me know if it is fixable on my own or if I should bring it in. Thanks so much!