Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

2005 Air Condition System (all models)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Default 2005 Air Condition System (all models)

This started with a post from Vicki under the Sentra forum. (titled, air conditioner) (please check out her thread for the whole story)
I am having the same experience with the AC in my new Altima.
It seems there is no way turn the air cond. OFF once it has been activated. After the car is nice and cool and you turn off the AC (little orange light out) you continue to get cold AC air. Can you go from AC to Vent w/fan without turning the VEHICLE off?
(Yes, I've read the manual)... I can find no details regarding this.
The dealer told me "All 2005 and newer Nissan AC's funtion that way...cars and trucks..." But he never really said WHY.
I have e-mailed nissanusa.com and am waiting for a reply from them.
In the meantime, I would like to hear from all Nissan owners, all year models, does this sound right to you?
Any details would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 2005 Air Condition System (all models)

what if you turn the fans and everything off?

Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Default RE: 2005 Air Condition System (all models)

Sure, (once the little orange lights are out, but I'm still getting A/C...) I can turn the fan off. But as soon as I turn the fan back "on", 10 minutes later or so... the compressor kicks right back on again, and I am gettig A/C.
On EVERY car or truck I've ever owned with a/c (about 8 vehicles) and every one I've ever been in (about 1,000.) when the A/C is turned OFF.. the a/c ACTUALLY disengages and you get outside air from the vents being blown by your fans.
I DID get a reply from Nissanusa. They indicate they only address customer service issues.. can't help with "technical" questions.
(Do you believe that?!) Further, they said they depend on their DEALERS to provide the answers to technical questions.
So far, I think this is a defective A/C system, and "my Nissan dealer" is just "saying" it's normal so they don't have to deal with it.
I'm still hoping to hear from folks at this site as to how their 2005 Nissan air conditioners are behaving.