Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

Bypass Valve - AEM Cold Air Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Default Bypass Valve - AEM Cold Air Intake??

It's been awhile since I posted. Almost a year actually. My last post was about my 2003 Altima 3.5 SE having all kinds of problems with my MAF due to my AEM CAI sucking up water (from normal driving in the rain, was not submerged). I have since removed the intake and it is sitting in my closet. I'm interested in putting it back on. Well, I was doing research to see if there was any solution to the sucking up water problem and I found that a lot of the CAI now come with bypass valves that don't allow the water to get into the engine.

My questions are 1st- Do these actually work and would it also protect my MAF from being damaged again? and 2nd - Does anyone know where I can buy one for the AEM version?

I must say that it's extremely frustrating that AEM didn't offer this part to me when I purchased the CAI to begin with. This should be a standard part with the kit. Weather you live in an area that gets a lot of wet weather or not, it should just come standard with it to prevent any problems. But I guess it's a cost effective way for them to save a few pennies.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Default RE: Bypass Valve - AEM Cold Air Intake??

Nevermind. I found one and it will only help me if the intake tube is submerged in water. So, i'm not interested it in. Oh well.