Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

Cigarette Lighter Fuse for 05 Altima?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Default Cigarette Lighter Fuse for 05 Altima?

The OBD reader can't pick up the DLC and Advanced Auto Parts told me that there was no power going to the DLC. I googled and found that the cigarette lighter fuse could be the problem only thing is that my diagram underneath my steering wheel doesn't seem to match any other diagram that i found. Diagram's online clearly show cig lighter but mine show's nothing even close or even a hint as to where it could be. Oh and there's alot of 15a's for people that want me to look for 15 a. Please Help.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:47 AM

sounds like someone may have put in a aftermarket box. and unless you no who made it then you might not find out what you want to no. about the only thing to do is take out all the 15 amp fuses and start putting them back in one by one and see what comes on. write them down on a piece of paper and keep them handy for further use... have you owned the car for very long, if not then the person before you might have rewired it. more than like not but i have seen people do it. good luck and let me no what you find out...

Old 01-12-2010, 03:09 PM

thanks for the advice hun, i will get someone to look at that for me. i'm not to good w cars and yes im a girl.. so don't laugh.. lol.. but thanks.

Originally Posted by 04goat
sounds like someone may have put in a aftermarket box. and unless you no who made it then you might not find out what you want to no. about the only thing to do is take out all the 15 amp fuses and start putting them back in one by one and see what comes on. write them down on a piece of paper and keep them handy for further use... have you owned the car for very long, if not then the person before you might have rewired it. more than like not but i have seen people do it. good luck and let me no what you find out...

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM

I'll look forward to see some update from of this... this sounds interesting and I will know more about it...

Old 01-14-2010, 11:50 AM

isn't anything wrong bout that. not too many girls that are into cars enough that they become good mechanics. and i figured that out by the hun word. cute i like it. i do no that you will like the altima.
once you figure out the problem it will be a good car. nissan did a good thing when they came out with that car.my son had a 04 and it was and still is a good running car. also you might try looking at the owners manual as it will tell you where the fuse is... and also one more thing, if you have no luck you can go to a auto parts place and buy you a lighter plug. pull the stock one out and find a positive wire close to the plug entrance and rewire the positive to it. and connect the negative back to the black wire already there. and you will have a good working lighter plug. hope this made since... kerry!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:03 AM

sounds like someone may have put in a aftermarket box..i experienced it too on my car my car thats filled up with saturn performance parts..

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 02-01-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 PM

Got tons of nissan altima parts on ebay! But some parts aren't available so I bought some from another vendor