Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

keyless remote

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Default keyless remote

I have a couple of problems, I have a 2000 Nissan Altima and the keys do not work in any of the car door locks. They never have since I had it. (I bought it used 2 years ago) The key will work in the trunk though.

The next problem is with the keyless remote.Yesterday it would not work at all. I changed the battery without any luck. I tried using my other remote and that did not work either. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Locked out

Old 05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: keyless remote

take it in and have them reprogram the remotes and also go to the autoparts store and find lock cylinder lubricant its usually a powder substance and put that in all your door locks and that might fix it if not then have the nissan dealer check those for you too. you can only have the remotes reprogrammed at a nissan dealer also your keyless entry module might of went bad and that could also cause that, most of the time they usally lose there memory, theres nothing you can do except have the nissan service department fix it. or you can have an aftermarket keyless entry installed, they average around $200 at stereo shops.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi Please try changing a battery. This usually helps. You can purchase a battery from our website. We offer free shipping for batteries. Please click on this link below to select the proper battery for your remote. http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/batteries.html If you changed the battery and the remote still does not work, most likely you need a new remote. You can purchase a brand new or used good condition (B-stock) remote on our website. All remotes come with a 90 day money back policy. Please click on this link to our website below http://www.carandtruckremotes.com If you have any more questions please contact us at customercare@carandtruckremotes.com You can also view our FAQ page for answers to common questions. Link below http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/faq.html

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM

When you take your remotes to the Nissan dealership to have it reprogrammed, make sure you take both of them, otherwise reprogramming just one of them may be useless, and a waste of your money