Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

Odd Vibration At Stop

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Odd Vibration At Stop

Just bought a 2005 Altima, 4 cylinder.

The only issue I have is a slight vibration that varies in degree when we stop. It only happens in drive. There is no vibration reversing, neutral, or park at all.

The only time it happens is when we are at a stop light and stay there for a minute or so. If its a quick stop, you don't really feel anything. It has no trouble taking off and the vibration is gone when you start moving. There is a slight vibration when going over 60mph, but that goes away after a short distance.

There is no check engine light, and no issues beyond it shaking/vibration and I just want to know what that is?

I say it varies in degree because at some stops its very slight, barely noticeable. Other stops it's rather bad and very noticeable. Sometimes it will also go in and out at the stop, vibrate, then stop, then vibrate worse.

I'd just like an idea of what it is before I take it to a mechanic and they tell me the engine mounts or some bs needs to be fixed. Already went through that with my last car just to find out a simple hose had a tear in it.

The car did go through inspection before I bought it, and they said it "passed with flying colors" so I don't know what it is.