Nissan Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with NissanForum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better NF? Tell us here.

IACV - Nissan Altima

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Default IACV - Nissan Altima

I have a starting problem of my Altima 2000. OBDII pulled out P0505 and it is idle air control valve (IACV). I tested wiring to/from this valve - connections, power feed, resistance etc. All look fine. Remains to test if valve’s 'spindle' is stuck and needs to be cleaned.

I did locate it. In difference from other models, it is located at opposite side of the throttle body and seems hard to remove without getting underneath of the car. My question is, for the spindle test and clean up, would be enough to remove just that yellow cylinder?
(see pic from rockauto’s shop:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...364116&jsn=266 ) Remaining looks like just housing.

If this is the case, then the job should be much easier and may be that yellow part would be cheaper to get? [in case replacement needed].

Old 02-28-2020, 08:10 AM

Is there any way to bypass the IACV functioning upon the starting the car? This would be simple way to diagnose IACV. If car will start (with IAC valve bypass), than definitely it needs reparation. Otherwise, there is also another problem.