Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

2005 Frontier issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 05:38 PM
Exclamation 2005 Frontier issues

Hi all!
So i have a 2005 nissan frontier king cab SE. I purchased it back in the spring and have been doing repairs ever since the summer.
I am currently experiencing a twisting sensation, not so much rocking (like how my bad motor mounts felt).The faster i go, the more i feel the twist, which has a lean/pull towards the side of which it is twisting in that moment. I believe it might be my driveshaft..?

Here is a list of all there repairs we have done so far:
1. struts.
2. strut mounts.
3. motor mounts.
4. balljoints (both sides).
5. swaybar bushings.
6. new routers (both sides- old were warped).
7. a suspension bushing on the front driver side (mechanic nor I can remember or find the invoice).
8. upper control arm on passenger side (getting fixed next Saturday).

Another issue i am experiencing is an unusual metal popping, almost breaking sounds that vibrates, coming from the front driver side, to sometimes center area. It usually makes noise when i am slowly accelerating after turning the truck on. Doesnt matter if its the first of 5th time that day that i turn my truck on. i noticed it does it more after i have reversed out of a spot, and then shift to drive and slowly accelerate. I also hear a similar but less aggressive sound when i put my truck in Reverse. And i have recently started experiencing, again, very similar sound coming from the front driver side when i break as i turn the wheel to the right when entering a parking space. I think it might be the transaxle..? There is also this lag (reverse sensation) when i hit the 60km mark.

Here are the links to 2 videos of the sound i was able to capture:

Any help, or inputs is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!