Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

'97 Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Default '97 Frontier

I am thinking of buying a '97 Frontier. It's a 4x4 with manual hubs and a 4 cylinder. I would rather a 6 but hard to find in my area. It has 62 thousand miles. I would like to ge just a small bit of info from anyone that has one. Would they reccomend getting one. Any problems? Whats the fuel milage like with a 4. Is it a bit sluggish? Thank you very much in advance.

Here is the truck, the price is cheaper though.
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...px?ID=25665195

Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: '97 Frontier

Hey Montel... Just to let you know the 97' Nissan isn't considered a Frontier yet... The frontier started in '98.. I have a 97 D21 pickup just like that one and I have loved it! Almost no problems whatsoever... The biggest repair so far has been a starter that I had to replace. I have 121,000 on mine and it still runs like it has 60k. If you keep up your routine matinence it will last you a long time. Get a Haynes Manual on the 86-97 D21 Pickups and follow their matinence schedule and you'll have that truck for as long as you can drive. I would DEF reccommend it.. Its not really that slugish on streets, accelling to freeweays speeds sometimes I wish I had gone with the V6.. but once you get up to speed its fine. I wouldn't say sluggish... I would just say its a V4 Anyways keep us posted on your decision!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Default RE: '97 Frontier

I don't have a 4 wheel drive but my truck has 455,000 miles on it and still going as long as you keep up the maintenance