Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

'98 Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Default '98 Frontier

I have a problem with my truck. When it is wet and/or humidity is very high miss's and jumps like the electrical system is wet. The wires have been checked and are not the problem. The distributor cap is not cracked, but that is the only thing I can think of that might be causing this miss. It is getting extremely hard to keep it running in extremely wet conditions. I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar situations, or if someone might know what else could be causing it. My dealership suggested replacing the distributor completely, but I'd like to not spend that much money at this time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Default RE: '98 Frontier

Same problem. Bit the bullet and replaced distributor 6 months ago...worked. Just went again today though...sigh....also check O2 sensor for water intrusion.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:09 PM

Also have the 98 and it does the same exact same thing when it is wet or humid. Somedays it is awful but I live with it, after a couple of miles it seems to do better. I have the manual transmission so I just rev it high in each gear until all the cylinders kick in, I have always wondered if I had the automatic how much trouble I would be in.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 PM

i dont know if this will help or not, but when i got my truck i took and washed the motor at the car wash and water got down in the holes in the valve cover that the spark plug were in and shorted out 1 cylinder. pull your spark plug wires off and look down in there with a lite and see if there is any moisture built up. could also come from driveing in heavy rain if the plug wire grommet is bad. i blew the plug holes out with air and cleaned the plugs and everything was fine.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:17 PM

It's your distributor cap and rotor... replace it.. its like 20$ from autozone and its 4 screws and some sealant no big deal. will fix garauanteed.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
IS

Have replaced mine twice over the last four years, fixes it for a while.