Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

Can any one tell me what this code is?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Default Can any one tell me what this code is?

I went to advance outo and got my computer scanned, i Have a 98 Frontier and it is OBD II, this code came up. Can any body tell me what it means?

The code is as follows: P1448 Manfacurer Contrl. Auxiliry Controls

It also came up with: P0440 EVAP Emission Control System Malfunction. The nissan dealership replaced my entire EGR system which took the problem away for about 5000 miles. now its back, and the nissan dealership whouldnt warrantee it! So if any body can tell me why this problem keeps happening i would greatly appreciate it, Thanx

Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 PM

P1448 ELC system 2 fault EDC15C2 PEF: Particulate emission filter overloaded in Nissan Trouble Codes I find this - P1448 EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve (Open) and P1448 ELC system 2 faultEDC15C2 PEF: Particulate emission filter overloaded

The P0440 code Loose fuel tank filler cap is the most common cause that triggers the P0440 code

Possible causes
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
- EVAP system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking

P0440 Nissan Description

The Engine Control Module (ECM) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for the following conditions:
- Large and small leaks
- Excess vacuum
- Purge flow during non-commanded conditions
- Fuel Level and Fuel Pressure sensor faults
- EVAP Purge and Vent Valve faults The ECM monitors the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in order to determine the level of vacuum/pressure in the EVAP system. The ECM commands both the EVAP Purge Solenoid and the EVAP Vent Valve ON when the conditions are met in order to apply an engine vacuum to the EVAP system. The ECM commands the EVAP Purge Solenoid OFF once the system has reached a predetermined level of vacuum. This test verifies if a vacuum can be achieved in the EVAP system. Failure to develop a vacuum may be caused by a large leak or a restriction