Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE - A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Default 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE - A/C problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with A/C. After starting the car, when I turn on the A/c, for couple of seconds I sense that A/c is throwing cool air, but the blower doesn't work irrespective of its position (1,2,3 or 4). After few seconds, I don't even sense the coolness that i could sense when I noticed at the beginning.

I badly need help to see what is going on.

Greatly appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
dbacks

Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Default RE: 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE - A/C problem

Hi
My knowledge of AC is limited but here are definitely some things you should try.

1. The obvious one: Is your interior temperature setting as low as it can go? Mine is 16 degrees or something like that.Open your windows and/or sunrooffor a while just to letthe warmer air outas cooler air is filling the interior.Moving air needs somewhere to go. Take the car for a drive putting a load on AC system.

If no luck...

2. Try, with the engine running, ACon, temp setting on lowest and bloweron high, openyour hood and see if your AC compressor clutch isengaged.Not sure if you know whereit is but it runs off a drive belt and is mounted fairly high up on the engine. Two stainless steel (silver color) pipes are connected to it. Mounted on the hub of thecompressor pulley is a clutchthat protects the compressor in the event of low coolant pressure.WhenAC is working properly, the clutch will engage and rotate with the compressor pulley. If it is not rotating using the above conditionsthen it might be a leak, bad pressure switch or bad clutch. A jumper wire can be used on the switch to test the clutch.(real easy)

3. Check to see ifthe electical connectionson the compressor are clean and free of corrosion.

4. Is there obviousdamage to the condensor (mounted in front of the radiator)? Condensorstake a beatingfrom road debris which can lead to leaking.A qualified garage can easily test for low/nopressureand can purge, repressurize the system and adda dye to locate any leak. Most leaks occur at the two pipe connections on the compressor or from a damaged condensor. $150 will probably cover the purge, refill and dye job.

Good luck

Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 PM

does your blower motor work at all? does your compressor come on? you sense, is that sorta like the Force?Boogiedown16 degrees? not ****ing likely

Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 AM

Try posting again deeznutz. This time try being a little more constructive in what you have to say.We're all trying to help each other here so why bother posting if you're only intent was to criticize someone.Don't waste our time.And there's no need for profanity. Let's justkeep it positve alright? By the way, I'm using the celcius scale. Guess it never occurred to you thatI mightbeCanadian.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM

BoogiedownI am sorry if I offended you in my statement. You are right I did forget that maybe you could bein Canada. Sometimes I forget that you guys even have electricity, let alone Internet service. HAHA, I'm just kidding. But to the original post I thought I asked pretty normal questions. If your a/c does not blow cold you have to make sure that the compressor is engaged, hence that question. And by his description I can't tell if his blower motor works at all. Once again I am sorry, it's not you it's me I'm just an *******. OOPS, sorry for the cursing.