Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Beginner Question???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Default Beginner Question???

Hello Forum! I just recently purchased my 1999 Nissan Maxima. I am excited about starting my modifications slowly but surely. My first purchase were clear corners for the front. I was wondering how easy are they to install? Is any removal of the fender necessary or are they just pop outs. Do I need any special tool besides the basics? Your expert advise would be much apprecited if someone could hit me back up. I look forward to hanging out in the forum in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Beginner Question???

Tools Needed:

Metric wrench set (10mm)
Phillips & flat head screwdriver
2 thin washers approx. 5/8" diameter with a hole 5/16" in the center
cloth

Start by removing the stock (smaller) orange corner blinker piece. Place a piece of cloth in between the small orange and large orange cornering lights. Put the flat head screw driver in between and slowly pry the piece, away from the body. It's only connected by a little ball-n-socket device, so it'll just pop out.

Once you get that out, remove the bulb by twisting CCW, and replace with clear lense, don't put it back yet..

For the larger orange turn signal, use the phillips screwdriver to remove the single screw and then the whole piece will pop out. Remove the bulb and replace the orange turn signal with the new clear corner piece. Put it back in and secure with that screw.

You'll notice, that if you try pushing the remaining piece back into that old ball-n-socket hook, the lense will tend to pop out again. That's why you want to lock it in place. Remove the metal "ball" part of the clear lense and remove the plastic "socket" part that's on the car. You want to put the washer on the inside of the car and tighten the screw to the lense from the inside.

From underneath the fender of the car, remove the 2 screws keeping the black fender wall attached to the car frame. Pry open enough space, to get your hand in there, along with a 8mm socket wrench.

Once you got your hand up there, take a rest and say wow! What the heck is my arm doing up there?

Ok. Now that you've done that, tighten the "ball" metal screw to the lense with the washer inbetween it. It goes SCREW->WASHER->CAR->LENSE. Tighten it a few turns, then you're set. Take your arm out, and close up the fender wall. Repeat other side.

Hope that helps! The car looks great with these on.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:44 PM

This is perfect! I have been so busy they are still sitting in the trunk. With this I'll be able to get them on this weekend! I appreciate all of your help.

Eric

Old 03-05-2006, 05:37 AM

Eric,

Try MakotoAutoTrends on ebay. I have all clears on my front end 97SE. They had the best selection for
corners, lamps and bumper lights....Have fun! Send me some pics when you get them on.