Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums

Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums (https://nissanforum.com/forum/)
-   Nissan Maxima (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-maxima-12/)
-   -   help (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-maxima-12/help-118/)

foolishgrl 05-17-2005 07:24 AM

help

my car turn off when I press on the gas pedal, not sure whats going on, its not the battery, or starter, and it has gas.:)

Patrick 05-17-2005 11:31 AM

RE: help

so everytime you touch the gas pedal, it stalls? liek it will start fine, but then you cant drive it?

WheelBrokerAng 05-17-2005 08:55 PM

MamA Mia..Gurl, Wastsa wrronga withtha you carr...

WheelBrokerAng

Patrick 05-18-2005 12:46 AM

yes..i would like a little broader explaination of what it is doing.

FairgangstaZ 05-18-2005 05:55 AM

maybe there is somethiong wrong with your clutch, I would take it to the garage for a look ;)

Greets,

FairgangstaZ

Patrick 05-18-2005 12:21 PM

if its a newer maxima, it wont have a clutch...i dont know about the maximas there, but here, the newest ones are offered in a manual trans.

FairgangstaZ 05-18-2005 12:55 PM

Im sorry I think Ive made a mistake I asked in the class for the transulatin of koppeling hmm maybe they were wrong I thought the clutch was the peddal left next to the brake (not the gas ej :))

Greets,

FairgangstaZ

Patrick 05-25-2005 03:08 PM

yes, the clutch is the pedal which allows you to change gears.

aymenpicc 06-25-2005 10:16 AM

hi there:), i am new to the forum; an have the same problem[:@]; or almost the same problem; here is my problem in more details; hopefully you guys will figure out what is wrong with my car:eek:;

firstley; my can is maxima Qx 1996 model; when i turn the engine on; it turns on; and drives well (oh yeah; it is automatic by the way); but sometimes; in 2-3 days; it stalls:(; it does this; when i stop in traffic lights[:@]; or in traffic jams[:'(]; it just suddenley goes off[>:]; and when i try to switch it back on; it takes many tries before it goes on again; so you can picture the embarresement/fear/disgust[:o] that i experience when that happens;

i took it to the mechanics; he checked everything inside out; and he goes nothing is wrong with the car[:-]; so i gave him two days to drive the car about to see if it stalls on him; and yup after about 2 days; he called me up; and he said it did the same thing to him; he said it might be the keys; as i have 2 keys for the car in the key ring; he said; it might be on of the keys is interferring with the other; as there is a chip inside each key:eek:; so he took one of the keys and put it in the boot; and he is testing it now as we speak to see if the problem is still happening; so what do you think guys it is:eek:?
p.s. sorry for the long message, and i think my problem is the same as the person who started this topic.
THANK YOU; YOUR HELP IS truley APPRECIATED:)
best regards
aymenpicc:)

Patrick 06-25-2005 03:59 PM

i suppose that it could be an electronics issue dealing with the key...let us know what he says!