Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

help

Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 AM
Default help

my car turn off when I press on the gas pedal, not sure whats going on, its not the battery, or starter, and it has gas.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Administrator
Default RE: help

so everytime you touch the gas pedal, it stalls? liek it will start fine, but then you cant drive it?

Old 05-17-2005, 08:55 PM

MamA Mia..Gurl, Wastsa wrronga withtha you carr...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Administrator

yes..i would like a little broader explaination of what it is doing.

Old 05-18-2005, 05:55 AM

maybe there is somethiong wrong with your clutch, I would take it to the garage for a look

Greets,

FairgangstaZ

Old 05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Administrator

if its a newer maxima, it wont have a clutch...i dont know about the maximas there, but here, the newest ones are offered in a manual trans.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:55 PM

Im sorry I think Ive made a mistake I asked in the class for the transulatin of koppeling hmm maybe they were wrong I thought the clutch was the peddal left next to the brake (not the gas ej )

Greets,

FairgangstaZ

Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator

yes, the clutch is the pedal which allows you to change gears.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:16 AM

hi there, i am new to the forum; an have the same problem[:@]; or almost the same problem; here is my problem in more details; hopefully you guys will figure out what is wrong with my car;

firstley; my can is maxima Qx 1996 model; when i turn the engine on; it turns on; and drives well (oh yeah; it is automatic by the way); but sometimes; in 2-3 days; it stalls; it does this; when i stop in traffic lights[:@]; or in traffic jams[:'(]; it just suddenley goes off[>:]; and when i try to switch it back on; it takes many tries before it goes on again; so you can picture the embarresement/fear/disgust[] that i experience when that happens;

i took it to the mechanics; he checked everything inside out; and he goes nothing is wrong with the car[:-]; so i gave him two days to drive the car about to see if it stalls on him; and yup after about 2 days; he called me up; and he said it did the same thing to him; he said it might be the keys; as i have 2 keys for the car in the key ring; he said; it might be on of the keys is interferring with the other; as there is a chip inside each key; so he took one of the keys and put it in the boot; and he is testing it now as we speak to see if the problem is still happening; so what do you think guys it is?
p.s. sorry for the long message, and i think my problem is the same as the person who started this topic.
THANK YOU; YOUR HELP IS truley APPRECIATED
best regards
aymenpicc

Old 06-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator

i suppose that it could be an electronics issue dealing with the key...let us know what he says!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help