Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Keyless Entry Problem - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Default Keyless Entry Problem - Help!

I have a 2003 Maxima SE. Just today, I noticed that after I used the remote to lock the doors, about every few minutes the horn would chirp and the lights would flash as if I was trying to lock it again. Now it won't stop and I haven't been able to figure out how to disable it. I managed to program the remote so just let the warning lights flash, but it won't stop flashing. The lights flash about every 2 minutes or so.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this or how it can be fixed or even disabled ??

About 2 months ago, I had to replace the remote and it has worked fine (and all functions still work), but after the car is turned off and locked, the problem keeps occurring...

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me. I have to go out of town for a week and need to get this stopped fast before I go and may not have time to go to a dealer.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Default RE: Keyless Entry Problem - Help!

"...be fixed or even disabled ?? "

GoTo fusebox and take door ctrl logic fuse out. If u cannot figure out which one, start from top and take out one by one until hit jackbox... (dont take out next fuse until previous is inserted back).

Fixing needs contacts cleanup, drying moisture (?) and/or module swap. From ctrl module point of view, it may be "receiving interference radio signals" and signaling b/c of that ... once my remote receiver had a pinched wire almost making short and causing false alarms.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Keyless Entry Problem - Help!

Thanks Reiska,

I did as you suggested and now it seems fine. I really appreciate the assistance.

Steve
Tampa, FL