Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Left Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Default Left Headlamp

I would like to know if anyone might have had a problem with there 2004 Nissan Maxima headlight going out.
Mine went out, and the parking / bright light works but that's all that works regarding the headlamp.
I went to the dealer where I purchased the vehicle, and was informed that the headlamp assembly had a short. The service advisor indicated that the part would cost me $377, and labor would be $270. To this day I'm only using my vehicle during the day because the price is just to much . I find it very hard to believe that is how much it will cost me to fix the problem. Can anyone please share some insight - input regarding my situation. Maybe someone might have an extra headlamp, or could this just be a light bulb problem.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Default RE: Left Headlamp

Stealer$hips won again: cars are designed to milk dear customers ...who will come...

Take a second opinion in some other shop as that problem can be anythin, although I guess their explanation has a possibility to be true. The lenght car factories go in 'designin' customer bleedin is unbeliavably human: globally lamp "regulations" keep also states regulative bodies well lubed...

Shocking: Local stealership front shock absorber here is 500$; the other day I saw on one US site similar with 10$... AND net shops will not deliver for this maxima model.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

the dealer is probably right and the labor is that high cause you have to take off the front bumper in order to pull out the headlight assy. i know this cause i had to change one out a hail damaged car at the the dealership i worked at. you can go tothe auto parts store and buy a cheap bulb and put it in and it wont hurt to try and see if it blows again cause they could of had a tech that misdiagnosed it and it could of been a simple bad bulb.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:41 AM

you headlight wiring is probably grounded causing the damage ti the bulb. Have you wiring checked my your trusted electrician

Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Default RE: Left Headlamp Update

In regards to my above on going situation with the headlight. I was advised by a nissan tech that all new Nissan Maximas have been equiped with a sealwhich willprevent any moisture fromaccessing into the headlight assembly. Now I'm wondering as to why the 2004 Nissan Maxima was not equiped with that same seal. Also I'm curious if anyone knows if the 2004 Maxima wouldfall into the recallcriteria based on my situation. Hope the above situation can be rectified otherwise a lot of consumers will have to fork out quite a bit of bucks just to have the problem fixed.
And by the way even though I purchased an extended warranty it appears that my situation isn't covered under my contract isn't that a ...

Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Default RE: Left Headlamp Update

Moisture or water may have entered on the bulb in which caused it to run out of light.Headlights are not a hundred percent protected,especially when submerged in highlevels of water.Its because the pressure forces into the avilable gaps which lets the water in.It happened to my chevrolet pickup tail light lens but i managed to removed the water in it,fortunately the water did not touch the base of the bulb which would cause it to grounding.