Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

mass air flow sensor po 100

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Default mass air flow sensor po 100

hi sometimes it bucks can i clean the mass air flow sensor or does it have to be changed. it seems to be getting better very infrequent bucking. i can get a new mass air flow sensor. also the knock sensor is on po 325 any thoughts thanks

Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 AM

I think you need to clean it properly as there might be dust. Just clean and see that or even after doing it same problem continues than check it with the mechanic.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:55 AM

Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Default mass air flow sensor po 100

Ive had my G3 for about a month now and had to take it back to my installer and was told that the mass air flow sensor is broken which was causing my idle to bounce. Has anyone had this problem with the G3?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM

if u r carful on cleening the mss air sence with a pink rubber eracor u should be fine but they r easy to break them

Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Default How to clean MAF Sensor

http://automammoth.com/blog/ I found this article, its pretty informative.

Also, this one:

How to Clean MAF Sensor
The Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor in your car engine is one of those components that remain hidden from sight, tend to be ignored during the course of a normal servicing procedure, and yet play an integral part in ensuring that your vehicle performs optimally. The MAF sensor is responsible for determining the volume of air that is being sucked into the car engine. When it becomes dirty, mostly from microscopic pollen particles and soot, it causes the gearbox to malfunction, error codes being thrown up, and loss of the fourth gear. So, when you notice a drop in gas mileage or your car riding less smoothly, you can be almost certain that you will need to clean MAF sensor.
Removing the Sensor
To clean MAF sensor, you will need isopropyl alcohol in 70/30 proportion and a zip lock bag. You might also need a large crosshead or a flat blade screwdriver (depending on the model of your car) to remove the MAF sensor. The sensor will be found tucked away inside the air inlet trunk. To clean MAF sensor, remove it completely from the box taking extra care as you detach the hoses attached to it. Handle the sensor carefully because its internal wires are very fragile and may break if you accidentally drop it on some hard surface (such as your garage’s) or knock it against any object. Remove any bolts attached to it before you embark on your task to clean MAF sensor.
Cleaning this Car Part
Now put the sensor inside the zip lock bag and douse it with the contents of a full bottle of isopropyl alcohol. Then gently swish the bag to ensure the alcohol gets into every hole and crack of the sensor. Keep the sensor seated in the alcohol for about 20 minutes or till you are absolutely sure that all parts of it are thoroughly clean. Afterwards, take out the sensor and place it on a dry piece of clean cloth. After you clean MAF sensor and before you reinstall it, you must ensure that this engine part is absolutely dry. If it is not, water and/or alcohol can seep into other parts of the engine and wreak havoc with other sensitive vehicle components.
Another Method
There is another way to clean MAF sensor. You can use a brake or carb cleaner on the wires of the sensor. Just squirt a few drops of the cleaner on these surfaces and before long, the wires will look squeaky clean. The cleaner of course, evaporates. Make sure it is dry nonetheless before installing this sensor back into your car.
Lubrication
When you clean MAF sensor and before you reinstall it, also squirt some drops of oil on the rubber O-ring, just to ensure that the component can function smoothly and without creaking and groaning.
Attention to Detail
So, now that you know how easy it is to clean MAF sensor, make it a point to once in a while open the hood and peer inside to check that it is free from dirt and grime.