Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

stolen 2003 lights....need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Default stolen 2003 lights....need help!!!

Im again one of the victims of stolen 2002 headlights and found out its going to be really expensive to repair. I want to install 2001 headlights so i dont have this problem anymore. Are they interchangeable, what mods would i have to do in order to install them.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Default RE: stolen 2003 lights....need help!!!

Dude, so sorry to here about the theft. All you can do is turn it into insurance, or look to the aftermarket to get some new lights cheaper. In one of the Impot Tuner mags I looked at there were lights specifically for an 02' or 03' max, not HID but blue looking and nice looking lights.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

how did someone steal your headlights??

Old 08-20-2005, 09:09 AM

Nissan Altimas and Maximas have the HID, and are popular and abundant cars. The theives pry open the hood with a crow bar and in the process break the grill out and then they take the entire head light and power pack. Then they use the bulb and power pack to put the lights in their car a civic or whatever. The bill for replacment is usaually around $4,000 and up if you have pearl paint. This story has been on Datline and in Motor Trend, and their are product designed to make it harder for the lights to be stolen. At $600 a light the aftermarket has come to the rescue of these victims with alternative light at a quarter of the price.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Hi MaxxPower,

Sorry about your problem....I too was a victim of stolen HID Headlights from my 2003 maxima within two weeks of having my car which was about a month ago, the cost to replace was 700.00 for one plus 250 to have it put back on....problem is, it will continue to happen, i bought 2001 headlights as a just in case measure in case it happens again, but i've since decided to trade the car in, which i'm about to do this week, meantime, my maxima is in a private paying parking lot....if you're interested the lights which fit really well, you put a black rubbery cushion in the bottom part to cover the 1/2 inch gap, but they won't steal the lights, the theives will have no use for the 2001, since it doesn't have the inverter which is why they steal these lights for, but another hot item they are stealing from the maximas is the airbags and the set will run for about 2800.00 so a good alarm and private parking spot is your safe bet, or get rid of the car, which i'm about to do.......if you're interested, i can sell you both 2001 headlights they are brand new and in the box for 150.00 for both, will cover the light and shipping cost if you're not in the new york area.

I paid 120.00 each plus tax and shipping, etc i was about to put those, but i'm taking the nissan back...it's not worth the deductible and headache for each incident and as the cop explained it will happen again...on the 2001 lights you then you just buy the highest voltage of halogen bulbs in blue and it will be okay....it's not HID headlights, let me know if you're interested soon before i post them on EBAY all you'll need is a good mechanic to do the rewiring which is a little different because this would be a non HID headlight....and the job shouldn't cost you more than 250 to take the ones you have now off and the other ones on

Old 08-29-2006, 03:09 AM

just baught a 2002 maxima se automatic.....and yes it got the factory xenon lights....nissan dealership charging almost 500 dollars to install brackets with a data coder, which i think is stupid if the crooks get the lights out of my car ...they wont be able to use it cause the data coder wont match, but these days they'll outsmart the data coders just like gamers mod their xbox's, but if they have no use for my xenons while its on there laps, does that mean they'll priority ship it back to my house? u never know, ill leave my name and address with the headlight unit. another private shop offered just to mount the headlights into the car itself for 350...sounded a bit more assuring to me just to mount those suckers right into the surrounding parts...and not be able to take it out even if bill gates would offer a billion dollars for them.....any more ideas to make these xenon headlights anti-theft?