Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Traded in GS400 for MAxima?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Default Traded in GS400 for MAxima?!

I am new to the forum, yesterday I traded in my 98 GS 400 for an '02 Maxima( my favourite shape), and I must say I am pleased with my choice, man the view up front is so much better than a GS, you can see a hell of a lot better, even though the ride quality is not as good as a GS and not as many gadgets, definitely as fun or dare I say more fun to drive. I got the SE model, plus, H.I.D.'s, didn't get it on my GS, happy now with it. Would never have found this love for it though had it not been one of those crazy military nights in tucson and driving down the street and some road debris put a hole in my GS motor and oil started gushing everywhere. Too much money to repair, so I said forget it, I have always been a fan of nissan, Dad had R32 and R33 Skylines back in Jamaica, so always loved 'em, waiting for the new GT-R next year, that will be my next acquisition.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Default RE: Traded in GS400 for MAxima?!

I just like you am a former GS owner had the same year as yours 1998, but mine was a GS300. And last week I sold her for a 2005 Nissan Maxima, and so far it's been luv. Like I can understand when you talk of "ride quality", cause the GS400 is a beast...I looked at her first but decided because of gas and lower maintanence cost I would roll with the GS300, but I can't understand if you had GS why would you cop the Max 2000-2003 models, like nothing against those models (I do like them) but I would think that the 2004-2006 models would be a better substitute regards of ride, handling, and luxury than the previous models for the GS without actually looking at the infinitis. Why did you pass them over?