Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

95 pathfinder weird brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Default 95 pathfinder weird brake problem

i was doing a brake job on my friends 95 pathfinder and put new pads on and couldnt get the caliper pistons to push back in to fit the new pads even after taking the line completely off the caliper and taking the caliper off the car so i bought 2 new calipers but it had sat overnight with the brake lines disconnected so i cleared out what was left of the fluid by pumping the brakes untill no fluid remained. then i put the new calipers and pads on, hooked the lines up, and filled the fluid, bled the master cylinder by cracking the lines at the master cylinder (with pressure applied to the brake pedal, after pumping several times) and closing them and pumping and repeating this process several times for every line on the master cylinder, bled all 4 brakes starting with the passenger side rear, then the driver side rear, then the passenger side front, then the driver side front, and it still seems like theres a LOT of air in the system, i can have somebody hold the brakes all the way down and still turn the front wheels by hand...ive been trying to bleed the whole system for probably about 4 and a half hours now and i cant seem to get all the air out...anybody have any suggestions as to why i cant seem to get all the air out?