Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

95 Pathy security system questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Default 95 Pathy security system questions

Howdy all,

I left my lights on too long and the battery was too low to start the rig, but just as I was about to hook up jumper cables, the alarm started making little chirpy noises. I have NEVER set the switch for the security system to anything but "off", but when I went to check it, the little red light on the switch was a blink blink blinking. I tried turning the switch to "on", "off impact", and "off" again, but it just kept chirping. So we decided to go ahead and jump it, and just as we hooked up the last cable connection, it quit chirping. The rig started right up, too.

The problem is, the red light is still a blink blink blinking. The switch is still in the "off" position, and no amount of fiddling with it changes anything. So just to make sure the alarm didn't decide to make a butt-load of noise when I least wanted it to, I disconnected the squawk box that made all the chirpy noises when it was making all those chirpy noises.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to reset this system that isn't inherently obvious? (I have the full blown Nissan dealers shop manual in PDF format, and I can't find a thing about the security system...no info, no wiring diagrams, nothing.)

2) Can I permanently disable the security system without preventing me from starting the car? If so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!