Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Disabling remote engine start for 2011 Pathfinder

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 12:36 PM
Default Disabling remote engine start for 2011 Pathfinder

Hello folks.

A few years back a tree branch fell on the windshield right down the middle. It struck so bad that the light fixture on top popped out of its place. I took it to the shop and they fixed everything but the car has never been the same again. Long story short, fix one problem and another one somewhere else pops up. The mechanic told me the car's computer system will need reprogramming if the problems of the electrical system become intolerable or compromise the functionality of the car - he told me I could live with the problems should I choose to, and I have. To date, a catastrophic problem has not plagued the car. One deficiency that I have been baring and living with was the bad A/C blower motor resistor - neither heating nor cooling in the car works. I decided if I sacrificed the comfort, the rest of the functionality of the car should not be compromised. However this heatwave has made me reconsider that decision. I have my eyes set on the remote engine start and let me explain why. The remote engine start, which was dealership installed, does not work properly either. It turns the car on to the accessory position but does not crank the engine - this has to be done manually, with the hand on key - the tree branch completely negated this extra feature on the car and its been useless to me. So I'm assuming if I lighten the load on the electrical system, by disconnecting the remote engine start, I can securely activate the AC/heating system again without creating a problem somewhere else. I want to replace the AC blower motor resistor, but I dont want to create another problem and because of budget constraints, I cannot have a professional service/reprogram the car.

So my question is: can I simply disconnect the remote engine start?
I will consult youtube and google, but where do I disconnect the remote engine start from?
Is there anything I should know? Something to look out for?
Do I have any other options?

Thank you gentlemen.