Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Erratic blower air volume output 2015 Pathfinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 07:09 AM
Default Erratic blower air volume output 2015 Pathfinder

Erratic blower air volume output 2015 Pathfinder. On initially starting, HVAC system works normally in both a/c and heating modes. After a period of time from minutes to hours, air volume output from all vents will quickly reduce to almost nothing with no real change in blower motor sound. Reduced air flow affects aĺl vent modes, recirc and fresh air, as well as dual and single modes. Blower appears to run appropriate to blower setting, just no airflow from vents. Output from rear passenger system similarly affected. Nissan mechanic has spent hours trying to diagnose. Cabin filter replaced, intakes checked for obstructions and blower motor removed and checked. Malfuntion will continue until car is turned off and allowed to sit for a long period. (Of note, issue first appeared some weeks after repair work completed for large stone impact to underside which caused significant damage to frame, oil pan, a/c leak, drive train etc.) Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Old 03-07-2020, 07:40 PM

We have the exact same problem on our 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. It's a piece of junk. The air will work when you're driving around town for a few minutes at slower speeds. But as soon as you get on the freeway or drive longer distances, the airflow completely shuts down. It makes no sense.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:52 AM

Not bad. I've been working with this topic for several years now, and I've learned about all the advantages and disadvantages of my profession(HVAC master), I think. My experience of three years is not enough to call me a master, but I definitely know a lot about my work and your issue. You can ask me anything you need. In order to be called a master, I need to take courses and learn more about all the subtleties of schemes and details. I need to develop so that I have a constant flow of customers, otherwise I risk being left with nothing and fixing air conditioners only in my home. Of course, this is not bad, but it does not bring any prosperity

Last edited by SuperFly; 03-02-2021 at 04:16 AM.