Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Pathfinder's Parking Brake

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Default Pathfinder's Parking Brake

I have a 05 Pathy SE and I have some questions about the parking brake:

1. I have to press the parking brake all the way to the floor to release it, is that normal?

2. In the manual under the Checking the Parking Brake, it said "Press the parking brake from the released position and 3-4 clicks is within the spec......" Can someone please explain more specific on this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Old 05-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Pathfinder's Parking Brake

hi there..it could be that youre parking brake cable or level is out of adjustment....as new as it is, i would be taking her back to the dealership for a bit of the free work! [8D]

Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 PM

The car is brand new which I picked up last Saturday, that's why I am not sure if the design is like that or there is a problem with the parking brake. So any opinions from other Pathy owners?

Old 05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Administrator

seeing as how we are a newer forum, i dont know that we have a pathfinder owner yet. but if there is an issue, letting it go without being checked could cause further issue. you paid good money for a new vehicle, if youre not happy with something, take it back and have them look at it to reassure you!

Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 PM

thanks for the advice..... just came back from the dealer and the parking brake is not working properly. Well, I sneaked into the dealer to test the floor model of the Pathy and its parking brake was totally different. I just had to push a bit and then it released. So, I called my salesman to come over and let him try the brake on the demo and then took him outside to try mine. He admitted it is a problem and he booked an appointment for me and it will be next Monday.

I am disappointed because it is a brand new car and I just took delivery last Saturday and now with only 250 km on the odometer and I guess they never did the PDI and it is a rip off!!!

So, BUYERS BEWARE!!! When you are taking delievry of a new vehicle, make sure you test the parking brake! I thought it is only simple mechanism and shouldn't have any problem but I am wrong!

Old 05-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Administrator

well, im sorry that you have had a bad experience thus far, but i am glad that they are helping you out by fixing it. hopefully this will improve your opinion of the vehicle once its fixed. keep us posted!

Old 05-30-2005, 01:35 PM

I went to the dealer this morning and wait for half hour to have the car fixed. When it was done, the service advisor said the technican made some adjustments to the parking brake and it should be okay now. Then I went out to pick up my car and tried the parking brake and it was still the same but a lot tighter. I asked the salesman to try it and he felt the same. So, he paged the service technican and he tested it and said a new part (foot brake pedal) is needed. Now, I am waiting for the part and the service advisor will schedule an appointment once the part has arrived.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Do you guys know how long does it take the dealer to get parts? The tech. told me he needed to order a new foot pedal of the parking brake on Monday and I haven't heard from them yet. Is that a common part? I will probably give them another day and then call them on Friday to see what is going on.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Administrator

that is probably NOT a common part, so it may take a while...but when i worked for dodge, when i ordered a part, unless it was something like an ECU, that is basically made to order. the parts department there should know exactly how long, and they would have told the service department.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 PM

I called in the dealer today and they said the part is back order.... so I guess I can only wait for now.

Quick Reply: Pathfinder's Parking Brake