Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Default Tonneau Cover

I have a retractableTonneau (cargo area) cover on my 04 Pathfinder and use it a lot.

I am looking to get a 2007 and I see there are knockouts to install one and the hook path molded into the rear quarters to accept a closed one. However, the dealer has no record of ever having carried one for the current generation Pathfinder and, therefore, cannot get one.

Any suggestions? thanks, Larry

Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tonneau Cover

https://nissanforum.com/m_6966/tm.htm ..... that should pretty much sum it up.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM

If you want a rear cargo cover get you a 4runner. Nissan doesn't even expect to have one out, I got my laptop stolen about a month ago... Nissan customer service sucks!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM

I wouldnt leave my lap top in my car to risk it getting stolen anyway. Pfinder or 4Runner... Tonneau cover or not. [8D]

Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 PM

Not offerring one is just so pathetic. Burnout, thanks for the enlightening thread link. It was a truly thorough expose' that killed that dream entirely. Even the overseas connections.... the persistence of the OP reminded me of ... .me!! I just went on the Nissan Global website and even Grenada gets one, but it is of the type that the UK uses.

Has anyone thought of using a pre-2005 cover and retrofitting? I need to get a measurement of the panel to panel distance of the coil end of a post 2004and the inside dimensions across the receivers (for lack of a better term).

My local dealer's Ops Mgr is as shocked as I was about it's non-existence. For the hell of it, I found the execs contact page on theNissan USA websiteand emailed all of them. Useless.... but just a little fun. I need someone to ream! Makes me wish I lived in Smyrna, Tennessee(for a day). Lar

Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 AM

I found out an interesting tidbit. Apparently, the Tonneau cover is a RESTRICTED part that a dealer does not even have listed in their computer. There is some kind of saftey issue and (as stupid as this sounds.... oh yeah, its Nissan) only owners who have previously bought a cover, can buy another one. So, one would have to find a current cover owner and then fake their identity to get one. To addthe surreal to the stupidity, they charge $450 for the priviledge!!!

I will list the part number later (it's in my car at the moment).

There must be some kind of story behind this but no one knows. I called NissanUSA and the Customer Assistance line would not even help me regarding a part numberwithout a VIN number first.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like someone is lying to ya.....there is no cover for the US models made.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Who told you that? that doesn't sound right... there is no cover made for the US models

Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 PM

The word came from a Parts Mgr who contacted his Nissan rep about it. Part Number 84982EA602.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM

Just called the local Nissan dealership and you are right, the part number shows up as a the "Rear Tonneau Cover" but it doesn't say application, description or anything. Is it the want we need? why the people at nissan are being such a bunch of idiots?

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover