Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

2008 Front Blower Completely Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 03:47 PM
Default 2008 Front Blower Completely Stopped Working

I have been trying unsuccessfully to troubleshoot my blower motor. It is a manual speed blower which quit working out of the blue about a month ago. The rear blower still works, but the front blower doesn't work on any speed.

Steps I have tried:
  1. Tested both fuses for the blower motor. Both had continuity.
  2. Tested the motor relay. No continuity after I connected to battery and heard it click on. Relay replaced.
  3. Blower motor resistor. Tested continuity. Had continuity across all pins.
  4. Replaced cabin air filter. There was LOT of debris. Looked like a mouse nest or something. Vacuumed out & replaced filter.
  5. Pulled out blower motor. Again found a LOT of debris, hair and and fur. It was completely packed on the inlet side. Vacuumed out. Bump tested blower motor from battery. It ran directly off the battery. Replaced motor with writing harness anyway. Still didn't work.
I'm at my wit's end. Need some help.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2021, 04:26 AM
Default No AC in front, just rear.

Originally Posted by Cree454
I have been trying unsuccessfully to troubleshoot my blower motor. It is a manual speed blower which quit working out of the blue about a month ago. The rear blower still works, but the front blower doesn't work on any speed.

Steps I have tried:
  2. Tested the motor relay. No continuity after I connected to battery and heard it click on. Relay replaced.
  4. Replaced cabin air filter. There was LOT of debris. Looked like a mouse nest or something. Vacuumed out & replaced filter.
  5. Pulled out blower motor. Again found a LOT of debris, hair and and fur. It was completely packed on the inlet side. Vacuumed out. Bump tested blower motor from battery. It ran directly off the battery. Replaced motor with writing harness anyway. Still didn't work.

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. It's actually been almost 2 years now that I've had no ac in front. If I remember correctly, it all started with the blower working only on certain speeds on certain days. After a while of that, it didn't work at all. I've actually switched out the blower resistor, checked fuses, checked relays, changed the cabin filter, but it still doesn't work! I'm at a loss and cant figure out what it is. I'm thinking either the actual main AC unit or the buttons themselves. I have the auto temperature so it may be slightly different than yours but guessing it's the same problem. If you've been able to figure it out, please let me know what the culprit is. I will do the same if I am able to find a fix.

I thank you in advance,

Chris

Old 08-07-2021, 04:26 AM
Default No AC in front, just rear. 2008 nissan quest sl auto ac front

Originally Posted by Cree454

Steps I have tried:

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. It's actually been almost 2 years now that I've had no ac in front. If I remember correctly, it all started with the blower working only on certain speeds on certain days. After a while of that, it didn't work at all. I've actually switched out the blower resistor, checked fuses, checked relays, changed the cabin filter, but it still doesn't work! I'm at a loss and cant figure out what it is. I'm thinking either the actual main AC unit or the buttons themselves. I have the auto temperature so it may be slightly different than yours but guessing it's the same problem. If you've been able to figure it out, please let me know what the culprit is. I will do the same if I am able to find a fix.

I thank you in advance,

Chris