Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

2013 nissan quest transmission fluid level

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 12:45 AM
Default 2013 nissan quest transmission fluid level

Hello,
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. My 2013 Nissan quest with 156,000 miles got the dreaded P1778 fault. I replaced the stepper motor with a new one. After replacing the stepper motor a week later the van started to not shift out of first gear during a road trip. The time from when the stepper motor got replaced and the road trip, the van drove great and even shifted better than before. After I replaced the stepper motor and put the transmission pan back I filled the fluid up to the top of the hash marks while the engine was warm. I'm wondering now if I overfilled the transmission. What should the proper level be on the dipstick while it is hot or cold. Today is the first day after the road trip and I've drained some of the transmission fluid out. So right now when the engine is cold the fluid level is halfway between the two notches for cold but at the bottom of the hash marks for hot. I've turned on the engine, let engine warm up to normal temp and shifted through all the gears. While the engine was running the dipstick didn't show any transmission fluid on it, only when the engine was off there would be any fluid level indicated on the transmission dipstick. So simply how do I check for the proper fluid level and where should the fluid be on the transmission dipstick?