Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Default A/C problem

I need help. I have a 1999 Quest. It has had only very short trips since December. When parked in Dec, the A/C worked perfectly. When I went to take the car out on the road yesterday, the A/C is not working. Could you give me possible problems before I bring it in for servicing? I am now on a fixed SS Disability income with limited funds. If it's something I can fix myself, it would save me a lot. Someone suggested it could be a fuse. Is that fuse located to the left of the steering wheel, under the dash? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Default RE: A/C problem

when you say that it isnt working, what exactly isnt it doing? like the blower doesnt come on? it doesnt get cold?

Old 06-08-2005, 12:58 AM

My wife has a '95 Quest GXE that has a similar? problem. On hers, the a/c is cold but it doesn't blow at all. She said she heard a noise like a fan motor or something before it quit. My questions are: Fan motor or possibly switch? Is there an online site that shows the fan motor or tells how to fix? Are there any other Quest message boards? Thanks for any help or info.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Administrator

i know that with a great many vehicles, the switch just goes bad, but im not sure on the quest

Old 07-31-2005, 09:53 PM

lepchen68- It could be the fuse, switch, evaporator, freon etc. is the blower working???

Old 07-31-2005, 09:55 PM

Patrick- I've a 99 Quest, rear A/C blows but not cold, any clue? I'm thinking of the rear evaporator.....

Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 PM

If you have the hood open, turn the AC on. Do you hear the compressor kick in? You should hear the ac system start, then should hear the compressor kick in. If you have good eyes, you should be able to see the outer caseing on the bottom left of the compressor spinning. It's hard to see.

If the compressor is not turning - A/c Cycle switch - Autozone part Part No. 5080 $17.99 - On the top left, by the passenger, easy fix. Freon will not leak when replacing. Just a puff if anything. This is for the 94 - 97 models of quest/villager.

Part No. 5002 for the 98 - 2000 - Same price

Ther are also 2 relays, on the left near the passenger head light. Stealership will want 15$, Radio shack version is 7$. They have these in the drawers with other fuses. FICU seems to be the one that goes out.

I you take a wire with a spade on each end, you can jump it to test it. I beleive pins 1 and 5. Look at the top of the relay to be certain.

There are also to pressure switches. HIGH/LOW. I had to get these from the stealership locally.

Now if you get it working, maybe some of the masterminds can help mine.

It will run, then discharge into the eng. Compartment. Spitting oil of the eng. casing.

I am at a loss at what else to try with it.