Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

2005 sentra se-r vspec

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Default 2005 sentra se-r vspec

HI im new to nissans havent really fixed one up before. i heard that you can put a 350z engine in one is that true? can you guys give mos some advice on what to do to it cus i heard the engine not very reliable.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: 2005 sentra se-r vspec

there might be a way to do it, see if the motor in your car, as well as the 350 Z have coil pcs also prowl all the how toos as well as the other nissan sights to see compatibility

Old 11-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

You CANT put a RWD VQ35DE into a B15 cause the motor is set up for RWD.

However, a Maxima FWD VQ35DE will work, but you'll need motor mounts and misc items.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 AM

I checked into that motor swap a while back and it's not worth it AT ALL. It would probably take you weeks to get it all straight. There's lots of wiring to do and many more pain-in-the-*** problems. Your vehicle would lean to one side because the motor is heavier than the 2.5. I was very frustrated when I first bought my Spec-V back in early '02 because there wasn't many aftermarket parts available. Now there's lots of exhaust & suspension options for us. You can even get a turbo or supercharger (very expensive though - by the time you did that, you could sell your Spec-V and get a SRT-4 or WRX). If you want to fix it up with a few bolt-ons, start with a header. They're cheap (ssautochrome from ebay - about 125 shipped!) and they are one of the most beneficial and noticeable power/performance mods you can do for the price. As long as you have a tools and few hours to kill, you could probably do it yourself.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RyanL

I checked into that motor swap a while back and it's not worth it AT ALL. It would probably take you weeks to get it all straight. There's lots of wiring to do and many more pain-in-the-*** problems. Your vehicle would lean to one side because the motor is heavier than the 2.5. I was very frustrated when I first bought my Spec-V back in early '02 because there wasn't many aftermarket parts available. Now there's lots of exhaust & suspension options for us. You can even get a turbo or supercharger (very expensive though - by the time you did that, you could sell your Spec-V and get a SRT-4 or WRX). If you want to fix it up with a few bolt-ons, start with a header. They're cheap (ssautochrome from ebay - about 125 shipped!) and they are one of the most beneficial and noticeable power/performance mods you can do for the price. As long as you have a tools and few hours to kill, you could probably do it yourself.
Dont get a SRT-4, Boost your QR25 with the Turbonetics kit and see which ones is quicker.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:06 PM

Yeah, but it wont be fast for very long. How many turbo Specs do you actually see around? All those guys blow them up or sell them. Also, if you have any kind of warranty, you will certainly void it by putting a turbo on it. The mild mods can give you trouble w/ the stealerships, but it depends which ones you go to or what kind of mood that they're in. I've heard of dealers replacing MAF sensors and throttle bodies (both about 500+ clams from the dealships) on vehicles with cold air intakes without any static and I've also heard of them denying warranty repairs because of CAIs.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

More than likely the srt-4... Unless it's stock or the driver can't drive.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

The reason people blow up their spec v's is because they turbo the motor and leave the compression and internals the same, and expect to run more than 6lbs of boost..... if you turbo anything properly you wont have a problem... it's all about having the right amount of fuel for the right amount of air and internals that can deal with the pressure. CVTC = High Compression ... Boost = High Compression .... both together without tuning = BooM.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RyanL

Yeah, but it wont be fast for very long. How many turbo Specs do you actually see around? All those guys blow them up or sell them. Also, if you have any kind of warranty, you will certainly void it by putting a turbo on it. The mild mods can give you trouble w/ the stealerships, but it depends which ones you go to or what kind of mood that they're in. I've heard of dealers replacing MAF sensors and throttle bodies (both about 500+ clams from the dealships) on vehicles with cold air intakes without any static and I've also heard of them denying warranty repairs because of CAIs.
I dont know alot about b15 SE-R's (cause i dont really care to learn for them) personally there all lemons, but thats my opinion, and i dont like dodge there cheaply made, now if you want to look at the best bang for its buck... a SpecV and a SRT-4 are about the same price and from the factory the Neon will win. The warranty issue is another thing... SpecV's need all the warranty they can get: oil consumption, MAF problems, the list goes on. If you wanna keep it in the Nissan family and something new get a Sentra SE 2.0L with the Roller Rocker SR20DE.

SRT-4's are quick, pretty good looking, and all but... there plastic just about everything under the hood is plastic... the resale value is horrible. They're over rated.. I have never been a fan of Dodge. Nuff said.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Lol... this is funny ... I own a SRT-4 and a Sentra...... wondering what is plastic under the hood other than the stock intake box and the cover that says srt4 ?

Quick Reply: 2005 sentra se-r vspec