Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

87 pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Default 87 pulsar

hi guys, i didnt know where to post this and ive been told the engine is the same as the sentra. ive got a 1987 nissan pulsar se ?? dohc 16valve. im gonna start from my first problem ... my exhaust system fell off from the cat cuz it was rusted .... so i replaced it taking out the cat and putting a straight pipe from the header to an after market muffler. it ran fine until a week or so later when it started to hesitate and sometimes would even die and it wouldnt turn over .... so i parked it for a few days till i could get a MAFS ( mass air flow sensor ) i got it and now it will start but wont turn over ... it sounds to me like its not gettin enough gas .. or spark ... please please help this noob to imports out ... i want to fix it but dont know much if any about import engines. what are some basic things that i can check to fix it ? please be descriptive about where they are to please as i dont know much about parts on these cars

Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Default RE: 87 pulsar

HEY I MAY CAN HELP.FIRST THING.IS THE CAR GETTING FUEL?YOU CAN CHECK BY TAKING THE FUEL LINE LOOSE FROM THE FUEL FILTER N TURNING THE CAR ON,IF ITS GETTING FUEL I COULD BE THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR.IF THATS FINE YOU MAY WANT TO MAKE SURE THE COIL IS FIRING.LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS

Old 04-04-2007, 07:25 PM

k im gonna check if its getting fuel but where is the fuel pressure regulator located .. and how do i check that ?

Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM

i took off the fuel rail and pressure regulator ( assuming thats the problem) the fuel pump works, ive replaced the filter, and gas comes out of there when i unplug n start, so i just jumped a step ahead and took the rail off ... btw the injectors are fine too. im goin to the wrecker tomorow to get a used rail/ regulator ... if this doesnt fix my problem what else could it possibly be ?