Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Any Help Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Default Any Help Appreciated

I recently inherited a 92 Sentra from my mother whom moved out of country. It didn't seem a bad car at all so I decided to keep it. Only thing wrong with it was the clutch cable was worn, and barely functioned. I replaced that yesterday and reassembled everything. Now the car will not start (It worked fine before). The car has excellent spark, and there is fuel in the combustion chambers after trying to start it. I checked for anything I may have knocked loose during the clutch replacement - one vacuum hose was knocked loose, but reconnecting it has not helped. I checked the distributor, it has not been knocked out of position. It seems like the timing has to be off as it has everything else it needs to start. Unless there is something I don't know about Sentras. If there is something else I need to check and anyone here has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Any Help Appreciated

There is a small black wire that goes to the distributor housing and it's held on with a phillips screw, the other end of that wire goes to a plug just under the coil (gray plug) make sure that wire IS connected at both ends.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Default RE: Any Help Appreciated

So it turns over with the starter motor when you try to start it but it will not start?
If is will not do anything when you turn the key I would say the Clutch saftey switch might be the trouble. Maybe it would need re-adjusting after the clutch cable work?
If the starter motor is working then that is not the problem.

Any other wires unplugged in the process that may affect the computer, like the air flow sensor on the intake?