Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Help! Trying to do mods to my sentra

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Default Help! Trying to do mods to my sentra

Hello all,
I am new up here and I just decided that I wanted to do some things to my sentra. I have a 2005 nissan sentra (special edition) it is an automatic and I wanted to know what I could do to make it run faster. I also wanted some suggestions on some wheels for my car. And what is the biggest size I can put on my car. Also I wanted some nice head lights for my car. I really want the blue ones like in the BMW's and other luxury cars. If anyone could tell me where I can buy that from. Throw out all suggestions on what I can do to make it cuter...and run faster! Thanks to all who post!

Old 04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Help! Trying to do mods to my sentra

Intake and exhaust are good places to start whe trying to find a few extra horses. A good 16" or 17" wheel would be better in my opinion (the 18" or 19" will add weight that would hurt performance). The headlights can be "bmw'd" by either changing the bulbs to an "hid style" bulb or by converting to true hid (which is more expensive).

Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 AM

Hey, just wondering how long u have had ur 05 Special Edition? I bought mine last July and have a bit over 18,000 miles on it. The car seems top be faster and has more power then ever before!! I love my car.. but had it in for warranty work and one TBS for creaky windows! Great car, changing oil every 3,000 miles with Castrol 5W30.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

you can also try some synthetic lubricants for a couple more horse. i noticed a bit of pick up when i used royal purple synthetic motor oil and syncromax manual trans fluid but it is sort of exspensive but its the only synthetic i used that actually felt a little more power. you can find it at napa auto parts or at any other auto part store just ask for it.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:29 AM

If you just want some more power and not looking to spend to much on the motor i would just go with a intake and exhaust it'll give you a couple more hp and make it sounds better. I recently picked up some good headlights 7500k at a Sema show in philadelphia the company is called Halo there website is haloautomotive.com i only paid $40 at the show and its pretty much as close as you can get without a HID conversion. Good luck with the sentra

Old 05-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

but to just let you know ahead of time a cold air intake and cat back exaust is only going to give you a total of around 10-20 horse power depending on what brand of products you buy, but it can get very expsensive. i just recently spent around $1,500 for a fidanza 7lb flywheel, act clutch kit, hot shot performance header, kwoya kr228 17x 7 wheels (17lbs each) and im only going to pick up around 15-25 horsepower but i wont know for sure until i go dyno my car again. but it does get very addictive and exspensive so make sure and ask your self if your car is worth investing into. good luck on your decsicion