Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

smoke??? i duno

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Default smoke??? i duno

again a problem i cant figure out but i think i have a good gess. im running a 2002 ser non spec and on start up will miss fire popin the code P0300 multi cylender missfire but once in a long wile will shoot a cloude of white smoke??? what i think it is, is a leaking injector because there is no water in the oil and no oil in the water. again running hollowed out cat in the header. i got a buddy who works for a ford dealership and im haveing him pull up all he car on alldata but im stumped. good advice for every one is buy a OBD2 scaner the got them at walmart for like 100 bucks not bad for what you get. but any help would be nice.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: smoke??? i duno

well a blown head gasket wont have any water in the oil but you would get air bubbles in the coolant. but to me it sounds like a blown head gasket or a possible warped head. that would explain your multi cyl misfire and white smoke from the exhaust, cause more than one cylinder is getting dilluted with water and causing the misfire. a good way to find out if you have a blown headgasket is to bring your car up to operating temps. and make sure your raidiator cap is off before you start warming it up so you dont get burned when you open it under preasure. when its all warmed up look at the coolant in the neck of the raidiator and if you see air bubbles you have a blown headgasket. well let us know how it comes. good luck

Old 05-15-2006, 09:01 PM

i tried that and it just overflowed..... so i went out and bought a compression tester and it tested 160 +/- 3psi across all 4 cylenders i have still no clue. the plugs and nice and crisp wite. the only time it misses and misses bad is when i get off the freeway. does anybody know what the memory back up on ecu drain time is or how to reset it. let me know later

Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

well you can reset your ecu by dissconnecting the battery both battery cables and let if sit for 30 minutes and it should reset your ecu.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:07 PM

well the car finally took its ****.... i know have milkey oil so now i have a question. what comes in the head gasket kit and the other is are the head bolts the 1 time torque bolts?? so let me know... and since there is no manuel like chiltons on the car it going to make it fun for me.... sigh.... well time to go grab the sledge hammer

Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 AM

I had a problem just like that but I'm was alittle different I don't know if this can help you but my car overheated and it started throwing out white smoke from the muffler tail pipe and it didn't do it all the time when I took it to the mechanic I had to get the engine block reshaped and the problem stops no more white smoke in your case I don't know because when I had the problem how the mechanic noticed it was the engine block was because my spark plug were full of water.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:01 AM

I have the same issue. It started with the engine light coming on, took it to Auto Zone and did a free test with the ODB handheld. It came up as Multiple Cylinder Misfire. When the engine is cold and first start it up, it will sputter but will run ok after warming up. Now its been sputtering all the time even when the engine is warm. I was thinking that the spark plugs might have come loose, so upon taking them out, I discovered the 2 middle sparkplugs smelt like anti-freeze, but the outter 2 were ok. I think my head gasket is leaking. I have a 2005 Sentra with only 44k on it. I know for a fact its leaking water, as I have to fill the resevoir up a few times a week. Either Nissan got a hold of some bad manufacture's of head gaskets or bad aluminum heads that warp. I am going to replace the head gasket this weekend. I don't have enough money or time to have the head reserfaced, so hopefully things will go ok.