Nissan Skyline For decades, the name Skyline has stood for Japan's version of the Muscle Car. Combining Rear Wheel Drive with the high performance engine, the Skyline can be seen everywhere in performance world, from video games to magazines, this car is many enthusiasts dream car.

Engine swapping

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Default Engine swapping

Hi

I wish to make an engine swap on an R32 skyline from the standard RB26DETT to the holden commodore RB30E. By swaping the bottom of the RB26DETT for the RB30 bottom end. The only problem is supposedly the RB30 lacks the RB26 block's internal cast-in bracing and so limits top end power. so firstly where is this casting Found, top or bootom of engine. Could i get round it, or is their a diffrent way like getting the os giken kit. Plus has any got any reviews on os giken kit or thor racing.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Engine swapping

well i never had the chance to mess around with an rb30e but i do know that the rb30 block with the rb26dett head is the best set up, and the rb30 can with stand 2000hp so i think you should be fine with this set up if its done rite and theres alot of machined to do when putting the rb26 head on, i believe the the rb25 head bolts right up. if you need more info on rb30 try www.racebread.comor http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/index.php(austrailian skyline site with alot of rb30 info)
good luck and post pics and vids of your r32.