Nissan Titan The first full sized truck by Nissan boasts great performance with its muscular V8 engine.

Titan drivetrain with 7"lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Default Titan drivetrain with 7"lift kit

Brian here, yes another newbee.

I recentlly purchased a Titan crew 4x4. I want to put a 7"lift kit on this tiny Titan and turn it into a true TITAN. I plan on using a 33" diameter tire. What do I do to the drivetrain to re-equalize the components and not loose any power? Thanks for all your knowledge! Any recomendations on parts manufacturers?

Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Titan drivetrain with 7"lift kit

Hello there newbee. I will give you my experiences. My current titan will be the 3rd Titan I have owned since they first came out. I have had everthing from the 10" Bulletproof kit to the Pro Comp lift, and now I have the Rancho kit.

By far, hands down the Rancho kit is not only the best one made, but it actually rides better than it did stock. With their adjustable 9000 series shocks, you can make the ride as smooth or rough as you wish.

I have taken it out off roading very hard as well, you would be amazed what this thing can do.

It will clear 35" tires no problem, and will do great with the 33". To the point that you will not need to change anything up to make it run as good if not better than stock. Maybe a loss of 1-2 mpg, depending on how heavy your foot is.

To help out the engine I did put a K&N airfilter kit on it as well as a Dynomax bolt on exhaust kit. Both were really easy to install on my garage floor. Can't say exactly what hp it added, but it sounds great and really runs strong.

I have a buddy that owns a shop that just got a discounted load of Rancho kits in stock. If you are interested I will see how much.

Good luck to you. Enjoy your Titan.