Nissan Xterra The Xterra offers a more compact alternative to the Pathfinder, without compromising interior size, and with the optional supercharged engine, it is not all bark and no bite.

Pfunk vs. BigX

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Default Pfunk vs. BigX

My wife and I bought our beloved 95 Pathfinder in 2002 last year my buddy bought a 2003 Xterra. We have had four people and a carseat in our pathfinder with little discomfort to everyone but we tried that in my buds Xterra and it was pretty cramped. The Xterra doesnt feel like it has as much seat area in the back. I think the whole truck is a little narrower inside than the Pfunk. I think a serious, serious improvement to the Xterra would be the reclining rear seats like the Pathfinder. Does anyone have a 2005 model they can tell me about? I really think that when the Pfunk kicks the bucket we should get a 2000s model Xterra, wife certainly disagrees. The X is blown, and has the same undercarriage as my Frontier. I like the simplistic reliability of the truck. My wife really wants a 2003 Pathfinder but I dont care for the unibody conversion since my ladder framed 95. What to do what to do.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Default RE: Pfunk vs. BigX

The new X has a bit more room than the first generation, but not a whole heck of a lot more. Check out the new Pathfinder; it's also built on a ladder frame. In fact, I believe all the new Nissan trucks are. Actually, a buddy of mine has a 95 Pathfinder and there is definitely more room in my truck than there is in his. If you are torn between the two, I would consider how much time you'll spend on pavement and compare it to what you'll be spending off road. The X definitely rides like a truck, and the Pathfinder is a less choppy ride (on pavement). Off road, I think the X is definitely more versatile (shorter wheel base and solid rear axle). The Pathfinder is more a family SUV than the X is. Hope this helps.