Off Topic Off Topic This is the place for our members to discuss NON-Nissan related topics. But, please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!

Callaway Diablo Driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Default Callaway Diablo Driver

"My goal each week is to put myself in contention to win, and that's where my thoughts will be Callaway Diablo Edge driver at McDonald's," Webb said. "The Nabisco Grand Slam Challenge is a great program. If I am fortunate enough to win, it will make hoisting up my second major championship trophy of the season that much sweeter."
A win at the McDonald's LPGA Championship would be Webb's third straight major victory - dating back to her victory at the du Maurier Classic in 1999 and followed by her win at Callaway Diablo Edge Irons The Nabisco Championship. Webb has won three other LPGA Tour events this year and finished second in two others.
"The way Karrie's playing, she obviously has an excellent shot at winning the McDonald's LPGA Championship," said John F. Manfredi, chairman of The Nabisco Championship and executive Callaway Diablo Edge Fairway Woods vice president of Nabisco. "We'd love to have Karrie win the $250,000 in bonus money. And we'd be thrilled if she were to win all four majors this year and we could give her $2.5 million. We'd consider it a great honor to be a part of one of the most memorable moments in sports history."
Over the years, LPGA Hall of Famer Pat Bradley has come the closest to Callaway Diablo Forged Irons winning the women's grand slam, winning three of the four modern majors in 1986 (falling short only at the Women's U.S. Open, where she tied for fifth).
Since joining the LPGA in 1996, Webb has won 20 events, two majors, Rookie of the Year honours in '96, Player of the Year honours last year and the 1999 Vare Trophy for best scoring Callaway FT Hybrid average on Tour.19970111 http://www.globlesports.com/