Off Topic Off Topic This is the place for our members to discuss NON-Nissan related topics. But, please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubled! Can't get deposit refunded!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Default Troubled! Can't get deposit refunded!

Hi Guys!

Really seeking your help and advice here! A couple of months ago, I have got my eye set on a Nissan vehicle at Tan Chong and decided to purchase it. I have placed a heavy sum of deposit with TC while waiting for them to process my loan application. Unluckily, all loan applications failed and I have no choice but to give up on getting the car. But to my horror, I was told by TC that my deposit cannot be refunded due to their terms and conditions stated at the back of the invoice and was advised to get a guarantor with a stronger financial backing instead.

I tried for a few more months and still it doesn't work. With such situation, I wrote in to the management wihcih they rejected my plead and offered a solution. Which is to get someone who's interested in getting any Nissan vehicle to take over my invoice instead, ie. 3rd party to pay me my deposit amount in replace of my purchase.

I know this is really complicated and I am really desperate here. So if any of you guys know of any solutions to this problem OR anyone who wanna get a Nissan and is willing to go through the extra steps just cos he/she has a nice soul, please PM me.

Thank you very much..*sob sob*

Old 10-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Default RE: Troubled! Can't get deposit refunded!

Only thing I can think of is to take all your paperwork to your local BBB and ask them about it. They're real good and on your side to begin with. However, be prepared. If the dealer/whoever is within their legal rights, you're stuck.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Brad Starkey

Only thing I can think of is to take all your paperwork to your local BBB and ask them about it. They're real good and on your side to begin with. However, be prepared. If the dealer/whoever is within their legal rights, you're stuck.
hey brad, thanks for your reply. I did approach my local Consumers Association (shld be the same as what you have referred to as BBB) and they said my case has no stand at all due to the terms and conditions on the invoice. And you know what? Tan Chong will forfeit my deposit by 25th October if i cannot find someone to replace my purchase (and they have specifically state that only close relatives can be considered).[]

I am really desperate here and am asking around for anyone would like to purchase a Nissan and wouldnt mind going thru the extra steps..pls let me know..I can't imagine paying a big sum of money every month for a car that i simply do not like. Thank you!!

Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 PM

well wat i think wat u need to do is talk to people and ask them if they want to co sign a loan for you

Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Administrator

wow...thats very odd..i worked for a dealership and we had this happen a few times there, and we were always good about returning deposit money. i would try to go to the stealership GM, or find a regional representative.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:36 PM

that **** is ILLEAGAL as fu*k in the US...