Off Topic Off Topic This is the place for our members to discuss NON-Nissan related topics. But, please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Webb's lead cut to one

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Default Webb's lead cut to one

World number one Karrie Webb proved that she is human in more ways than one today but Callaway RAZR X Irons still did enough to fire a level par 72 and retain the lead going into the final round of the Evian Masters.

The Australian ace lies at nine under par 207 and leads by a solitary shot from arch rival Annika Sorenstam of Sweden and the little-known Italian Silvia Cavelleri, who moved into contention Callaway RAZR Hawk Driver thanks to a four under par 68.

"I was lucky to get away with even par today, I had no idea where the ball was really going," said Webb, a six-time champion already this year. "I'm lucky to still be leading, I didn't have a good feel, and that went through Titleist AP1 Irons my whole game. All the women out there will know why. Basically, your rhythm and timing goes."

After four straight pars, Webb extended her lead with an 18-foot birdie at the fifth, but dropped a shot three holes later to reach the turn level for the day.

On the back nine, Webb exchanged two birdies for Titleist 909F2 Fairway Wood a pair of bogeys, and was unlucky not to take a two shot lead into the final day when her 10-foot birdie effort at the last lipped out.

"I'm off to the range after this and will practise until I get it Titleist CB Forged Irons right," added Webb. "I think I know what it is I have to change. But it's no-one's tournament at the moment and anyone who's at four (under) or better is still in with a chance. I've just got to take one hole at a time and shoot as low as I can."