2008 might Armada not wired towing

Old 10-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Default 2008 might Armada not wired towing

I bought a 2008 Nissan Armada SE from Mossy Nissan on 09/16/2007, and was told that it was wired with a tow harness and the only thing I had to do was to buy a tow hitch kit and mount it. I live 2 hours, from Mossy of Oceanside, saw I went to Metro Nissan in Redlands, CA purchased the tow hitch kit. I got home and looked underneath the Armada where the provided instruction stated it would be and could not fine the harness. I called Mossy of Oceanside spoke to the parts and serve departments, and they told me that it was their somewhere taped. I called Metro and they told me to mount the hitch and bring it down and they would show me where it was located. I did not mount it went to Metro Nissan and they could not find it. Metro made some calls told me that they could not help me and refunded my money. I called Mossy they told me they would look into it and to call Nissan Consumer Affairs. I spoke to Consumer Affairs and was told that they would speak to a technician. I called Mossy of Oceanside again and they told me to come down, I did. While I was there I purchased a 2008 Altima for my daughter, my ninth Nissan from mossy. They had no answer on my tow problem. I was called the next day by Nissan Consumer Affairs and was told there were no tow kits available and that would have to buy the parts needed separately. I called Mossy they told me that they spoke to Consumer Affairs and told them that they could order the hitch and before Mossy could finish Consumer Affairs hung up. Mossy, or Tina at mossy told me that they were not sure of the harness, and according to the manuals they have it should have came pre-wired.
No one has an answer, I have a 2008 might Nissan Armada which has a tow mode switch, but not the wiring for the tow hitch that I was told by the following dealer that THE ARMADA COMES PRE-WIRED;
Mossy Nissan Oceanside, CA
Metro Nissan Redlands, CA
Riverside Nissan Riverside, CA
San Bernardino Nissan San Bernardino, CA
Glendale Nissan Glendale, CA
Ontario Nissan Ontario, CA
If I’ve known, I would have gotten one with the tow package. But it seems the no one knows, not even the dealer.
So buyers be where, if you plan to tow by the LE or the SE with the tow package.
I feel sick to my stomach and still no word. I traded in my 2005 Pathfinder with my tow hitch.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Default RE: 2008 might Armada not wired towing

Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, don't post twice in a row in a thread.[/align]