Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Schematic Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Default Schematic Sheet

I need a schematic sheet for 2002 nissan xterra 6 cd player i want to put in 2 new subwoofers in but i dont know where the left and right + and -'s are. Should i just get a new head unit? And would it have to be 2 preamp outputs, and what kind, and would it affect the rockford amp and speakers that came stock with it? Sorry im new at the forum thing, thankyou for any help!

Old 11-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Default RE: Schematic Sheet

If you are going to utilize the factory amp and speakers that came with your Fosgate system, you do not need multiple pre-outs. The factory amp does not need pre-outs, only the remote turn on wire from your aftermarket headunit (should be blue with a white stripe). To make things absolutely easy for you, be sure to purchase the wiring harness so that everything is color coded and you don't have to cut into the factory harness. Once you connect the remote turn on wire from your head unit to the remote turn on wire on the harness, your head unit will turn your factory amp on and off and you are set to go! The wiring harness that you buy (Best Buy or Crutchfield) will have all of your speaker wires labeled. Have fun!