Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Z rules...Bose doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Default Z rules...Bose doesn't

Greetings. Just got a 2003 350Z...completely amazing. There are so many things I can rave about...except the stereo. I guess I'm what you'd call an 'audioplhile' as well as a performance auto enthusiast. I'll just say this stereo SUCKS. I mean - this car is for my wife, who traded an Altima for it - and the Altima's stock Nissan stereo totally blows this one away. And she is like "dude - why does it sound like crap in here...?? This is a Bose stereo???"...and I'm like "uhhhhhh - yeah, that sucks." And I drive a 2002 Xterra and the factory stereo in that stomps this Bose system(she pointed that out too!). So I do as much research as I can online and find squat really, except to learn that if I want to fix it I have like one choice - replace every bit of it. That sucks! Or, I just read something about this PAC converter unit that splits out four pairs of RCA cables so you can keep the head unit, I guess(?). What about the speakers in that scenario? Also - I've found some stuff about Bose repair shops...saying ship us you system and we'll make it sound better???

I'm just looking for a simple answer from a knowledge, regular person. Should this stereo sound like it is being played through a sock? Is it possible something is wrong? What are the options to fix it, short of replacing all components(if any)?

THANKS in advance. This car is sooooo amazing in so many ways I'm blown away that the stereo sucks so bad.

*a

Old 09-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Z rules...Bose doesn't

It is possible that the stock speakers and blown. Keep in mind that if you buy aftermarket speakers they will work but you wont get the most out of them if you leave the stock radio/player in the car.