General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

04 sentra ser spec 4 ( help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Default 04 sentra ser spec 4 ( help)

Hey.. I have an 04 ser spec v.... I had an exaust leak... i found it.. it was the donut were the headers connected to the rest of the exhaust.
I ordered the part from nissan.... replaced it... ( Now when i try to start my car.. it will not start... I am wondering if the catlitic converter.(cat) is bad???.. anyone plz help me...
( i realize that... this sounds weird.. but when i took the exhaust apart.. i started the car with it only running stright headers.. then shut it off really fast.... so it ran... 5 min before i replaced the donut and connected the rest of the exhaust...

someone point me in a direction....

when you try and start the car... it will not try to start at all.. unless.. you hold the gas pedal to the floor.. then it will try for a second... but never come too close... and before all of this it was a turn key car!

Old 09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Default RE: 04 sentra ser spec 4 ( help)

Ur catalytic converter could be clogged. It could have been running fine before because the exhaust could escape from that leak. Was the leak before the cat or after it? If it was before your cat then it very well could be a clogged cat because ur down stream o2 sensor was probably not reading the full exhaust flow so it probably figured ur car was running lean, thus causing the injectors to inject more fuel to make it more rich which would in essensce even the emissions out. What happens is when it dumps lots of fuel out it makes it to the catalytic converter, and makes it super hot, and it melts all of the metal grid in your cat together. Did it ever smell like rotten eggs when u had the exhaust leak. Well when u get this get back to me ASAP. Thanks.

[/align]