General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1995 nissan serena jap import fx rio

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Default 1995 nissan serena jap import fx rio

hi i bought this serena about 18 months ago from a family member for £1800 my sister in law had the turbo replaced before i got the car after about a week the turbo accuator broke and i took it back to the garage as the turbo was still under warranty the man there reved up the engine to see why the accuator wasnt working he explained the safety valve blows off when the accuator dosent work he said the accuator wasnt part of the turbo which he fitted so i drove it back to give it back to give the sister in law it back then the head gasket blew the head gasket was replaced with the accuator this year and all seemed to be well it went through its mot yesterday and on the way home it lost all power started banging and missing(sounded like main end bearings to me)then when you put it in gear (automatic) it stalled then started blowing blue smoke went out to it today took off all inlet and outlet pipes off the turbo cleaned and reassembled them as there was a little oil in them left over from the turbo blowing in the first place drove it round and it appears fine i havent had that much to do with diesels and if anybody can help or sounds familar please let me know if there is anything i can check many thanks

just been out on a run this morning fine for 10 miles then when i slowed down it started again i did notice when it starts banging and throwing blue smoke out if you put the pedal to the floor it stops smoking and banging and goes back to full power but does stall as if the engine dies when you put it in gear and give it a bit of throttle out of gear will rev up normally

james