General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

antitheft alarm ststem problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Default antitheft alarm ststem problem

My antitheft alarm system goes off though there is no intruder or when someone is not doing anything to my car. I dont want to disturb my peaceful neighbour so I pulled out the horn wire . So there is no horn blowing and the lights only blinks which is fine for me.I want to disengage the system all together as I dont want it at all. I pulled out the fuse in the area below the steering wheel and I also pulled out the relay in the hood( below the hood).Still the system goes off. i need your help, I want to disengage it completely, Its the factory built system and the car is NISSAN maxima 1990..

Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: antitheft alarm ststem problem

What you need to do is make sure all the doors are shut all the way....lock the car with the remote... then unlock the car with your key in the drivers door.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:49 PM

actually the system is not working and I want to disengage it totally

Old 01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

The keyless entry system that comes stock in the vehicle wouldn't be the cause of the problems you are having... basically a keyless entry system will only go off if the doors are locked and they are opened from the inside .....sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM

I have the same problem. The alarm would go off for no reason at all. I've found one way to disable it, and it worked for awhile. Lock the driver side door with the key slowly and it wouldn't turn the alarm off. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Now I'm left with leaving my door unlocked so the alarm wouldn't come on. That could leave my car open to be stolen. But if I leave it alone and let the alarm go off, it might disturb the neighborhood and someone might do something to my car. I have to park it in a pretty unsafe neighborhood everyday. If you found out how to solve this, please let me know too.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 AM

This may sound simple but have you checked your earth? Check your battery terminals, if there is a bad earth it will cause it to go off as it reads it as being tampered with. If your wiring has been unbundled and left haning in the engine bay by some moron check along all the wires for plastic coating worn or melted away exposing the wires as the power maybe arcing out on whatever it is touching under there. Wear occurs usually only at the battery terminal if the loom hasn't been unbundled and left to hang randomly in the engine bay, usually the wires break away at the terminal causing a bad earth if this is the case make sure you disconnect the power first then the earth line before you cut back anything to reattach the terminal. If you find exposed wires further along (in the case of the random loom) use electrical tape to cover them over for a quick fix but mend the line with connectors rather than just leave the tape as it doesn't really protect you for long and will cause problems later with condensation further along and/or corrosion of the wires.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM

hi ,
i have a very similar problem , mine is a 1997 altima fitted with a theft evert systems with an ingnition kill kind , i used the key to unlock the door and the security system killed my ignition , lights player everything works but i am not able to start the engine , i just hear a click on it . please help me if anyone has any suggestions .